Carrying on with the theme of awards, we’re pleased to announce that we have just been accredited by the Housing Diversity Network (HDN), an accredited award for equality and diversity for business services, customers and the community.
The accreditation process has taken place during 2013 where there has been a review of relevant documentation and an in-depth focus group with staff and interviews with senior managers. We are particularly pleased that HDN awarded 6 distinctions for good practice and innovation:
- Supporting women to achieve and progress through development and training opportunities
- Attempts to address the pockets of occupational segregation within the organisation
- Supporting staff by offering work flexibility to take account of life changing circumstances
- Creative, imaginative links with organisations acting in the interests of women from other cultures
- Range of projects and tailored services targeting and responding to diverse and vulnerable women
- Tenant Training Grants actively supporting women into education, employment or training