Role Title: Fundraising Assistant – Events and Community
Reports to: Fundraising Manager
Location: HfW Head Office in Brixton SW9 9SP
We are looking for a Volunteer Fundraiser Assistant to provide valuable support to the Fundraising Manager, particularly with a key annual event for the charity, and also with ongoing community fundraising.
The Fundraising Assistant will take the lead in planning and delivering of the 10k Race with a target to raise over £20,000 for Housing for Women and will be the first point of contact for all event participants.
We are increasingly working with individuals, community groups, schools and more to raise vital funds for our work. We want to ensure we can offer our supporters the best experience possible. The Fundraising Assistant will play a crucial role in recruiting and motivating Housing for Women’s supporters.
If you are looking to gain hands on experience in different fundraising methods under the guidance, support and supervision of an experienced fundraiser this is the perfect opportunity for you as we will provide relevant training and help you to identify career development opportunities.
We are looking for someone who can commit to 1-2 days per week for 6 months and who can volunteer ideally on weekdays
Our volunteer core hours are Monday to Friday 9:30 am to 4:30pm. The hours and days are negotiable
Benefits of volunteering
This is a great opportunity for somebody looking to start a career in fundraising or event management. The successful candidate will be provided with a comprehensive introduction to fundraising and the charity sector with full support and training from the Fundraising Manager. There is the chance to work across a wide range of fundraising activities and gain valuable skills and experience in areas such as:
Volunteers are entitled to travel expenses to and from the place of work (London Zones 1-6) and up to £4 towards lunch per day whilst volunteering for Housing for Women. (Please note: expenses will be reimbursed against receipts only)
Role Experience, Knowledge and Skills Profile
Experience and Knowledge
· An interest in fundraising and events management
· Computer literate and good working knowledge of MS Office packages, especially Word and Excel
· Experience or understanding of marketing or fundraising
· Experience of voluntary work
· Experience dealing with the public through retail, face to face or telephone fundraising, etc.
· Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently on own initiative and as part of a small team
· Excellent customer care skills
· Strong planning and organisational skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
· Flexible, creative and proactive approach to work
· Resilient, able to handle conflict and remain calm under pressure
Personal style and behaviour
· Personal commitment to the corporate values, vision and objectives of Housing for Women’s culture of continuous service improvement
· Evidenced commitment to equality and diversity
· Sensitivity to working in a multicultural environment
For more information please contact Maria Galan – Volunteer Co-ordinator
Email: email@example.com Phone: 020 3794 4798 Mobile: 07711 469094