Role Title: Volunteer Maintenance Administrator
Department: Property Services
Reports to: Repairs Team Leader
Location: HfW Head Office in Brixton SW9 9SP
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to assist our fast paced Property Services Department with clerical and administrative duties. The ideal candidate will be a resourceful person with good administration skills and polite telephone manners.
Based with our repairs team you will be responsible for maintaining up to date the team’s administrative systems and providing administrative support on a variety of ad-hoc projects, therefore you will be utilising your IT and organisation skills on regular basis.
If you are looking to gain hands on experience in an office based role whilst enhancing your administration and clerical skills, this is the perfect opportunity for you! We will provide relevant training and help you to identify career development opportunities. This role will suit an organised and methodical individual.
We are looking for someone who can spend 1 day a week with us for a minimum of 3 months. We can be flexible with the day.
Our core volunteer hours are Mon- Fri 9.30-4.30pm.
Benefits of Volunteering with Us
This is a great opportunity for somebody looking to gain experience in Customer Service.
Some additional benefits are:
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and sections of the community and we particularly encourage applications from senior citizens, ex-offenders and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented in our Volunteering Programme.
Role Experience, Knowledge and Skills Profile
· Experience of working with Microsoft including Word and Excel
· Good organisation skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Good customer service skills and excellent telephone manners
Personal Style and Behaviour
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Resilient, able to handle conflict and remains calm under pressure
· Patient, polite and with a non-judgemental attitude
· Works well as part of a team
· Reliable and trustworthy
· Commitment to quality, customer service, best practice and best value in all aspects of the Association’s operations
· Personal commitment to the corporate values, vision and objectives of Housing for Women’s culture of continuous service improvement
· Evidenced commitment to equality and diversity
For more information please contact Maria Galan – Volunteer Co-ordinator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 020 3794 4798 Mobile: 077 1146 9094