Housing for Women has engaged an Older Tenants Worker over recent years. Our older tenants (defined as aged 60 and over) change and evolve with time. The Older Tenants Officer post-holder will focus on assisting our tenants in their existing homes and exploring other housing options as individual requirements change and our general needs housing may no longer be suitable for those with reduced mobility or need for more intensive care or support.
The Older Tenants Officer will:
- manage and maintain an active caseload, establishing a waiting list and managing service withdrawal
- providing a limited floating support service to Housing for Women’s older tenants
- sign-post tenants to external services and voluntary agencies
- in conjunction with the Property Services team arranging for the provision of aids & adaptations including liaison with occupational therapy, health and social services
- provide benefits and financial inclusion sign-posting
- assist Housing for Women’s older tenants to consider alternative housing options
- combat social isolation by providing a range of social activities and supporting befriending opportunities
For more information please e-mail email@example.com or call us on 020 7501 6120.