The respective Boards of Women’s Pioneer Housing and Housing for Women have agreed to explore a potential merger between the two organisations. We are the two largest women’s housing associations but we are acutely aware that the demand for homes and support services for women in London far exceeds what either organisation can provide alone.
It is felt that a merger could enable us to:
- Create greater financial and operational capacity to be able to deliver high quality homes and the services that make a big difference to women’s lives
- Provide wider housing solutions and choices for women in London needing homes and support services now and in the future
- Be a stronger voice for women’s housing in the sector, challenging others to do more to meet women’s housing needs
Both organisations will be working together with residents/service users and other stakeholders to explore whether a merger would enable us to provide a stronger housing offer and support services to women in London.
For further information, please contact:
Sarah Stone, Communications & Research Officer at Housing for Women via firstname.lastname@example.org / 0203 794 4786 or Chris Smith at Women’s Pioneer Housing on 0208 794 9112.
Notes to Editors
Both Women’s Pioneer Housing and Housing for women are specialist housing associations providing homes and services to women.
Women’s Pioneer Housing
- Women’s Pioneer Housing is a registered social housing provider whose vision is to make a positive difference to women’s lives.
- Women’s Pioneer Housing owns and manages around 1,000 homes for women in London including leasehold and sheltered housing
- Women’s Pioneer prioritizes single women who are unable to access suitable long-term accommodation elsewhere, including women on low incomes, homeless women and women escaping domestic abuse or sexual violence.
- Women’s Pioneer has an ambitious development programme, actively building many new homes for women.
- For more information about Women’s Pioneer Housing , visit www.womenspioneer.co.uk/.
Housing for Women
- Housing for Women is a charity and housing provider with a mission to empower women and challenge inequality.
- Housing for Women owns and manages around 900 homes for women and their families in London.
- Housing for Women also provides specialist services both accommodation based and in the community including those that support women and children escaping domestic abuse, survivors of trafficking, women leaving prison and older women.
- For more information about Housing for Women, visit https://hfw.org.uk/.