Role Title: Finance and Resources Volunteer
Department: Finance and Resources
Reports to: Director of Finance and Resources
Location: HfW Head Office in Brixton SW9 9SP
We are an independent housing association and a charity dedicated to improve lives by providing social housing and gender sensitive support services to women in London.
This is an ambitious and challenging role suitable for an individual looking to gain hands on experience in business and/or project management. You will be assisting our Director of Finance and Resources to devise, design and deliver a number of projects aiming to:
As our Finance and Resources Volunteer, whilst you do not need Financial or Business Administration qualifications you must have a good command of Excel. If you are willing to learn in a fast paced environment, are curious to understand processes, have an eye for detail, enjoy analysing data this is the perfect volunteer role for you. You will have the opportunity to work along with all our teams and departments as your role works with the Director of Finance and Resources. Confidentiality is a requirement due to the nature of the tasks.
We are looking for someone able to commit 1-3days per week for a minimum of 6 months. We can be flexible with the days and the hours. Our core volunteering hours are Monday to Friday 9.30-4.30pm.
Benefits of Volunteering with Us
This is a great opportunity for somebody looking to start a career in Finance, Business Administration or similar fields. You will be provided with a comprehensive introduction to our Relevant IT systems and Databases and will be fully supported and trained by our Director of Finance and Resources. There is the chance to gain additional valuable experience by taking on more responsibilities and work across a wide range of finance, IT and resources activities.
Some additional benefits are:
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and sections of the community and we particularly encourage applications from mature students, ex-offenders and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented in our Volunteering Programme.
Role Experience, Knowledge and Skills Profile
· Experience of working with Microsoft including Word and Excel
· Experience working with numerical information and data would be an advantage
· Sound understanding of confidential working
· Organisational and planning skills,
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Analytical thinking and methodical approach with both, a keen eye for detail and the capacity to see the big picture
· Good Numeracy and Literacy skills
Personal Style and Behaviour
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Good interpersonal skills
· Can-do approach
· Enjoying completion of discreet varied tasks
· Commitment to quality, customer service, best practice and best value in all aspects of the Association’s operations
· Personal commitment to the corporate values, vision and objectives of Housing for Women’s culture of continuous service improvement
· Evidenced commitment to equality and diversity
For more information please contact Maria Galan – Volunteer Co-ordinator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 020 3794 4798 Mobile: 077 1146 9094
Housing for Women, 6th Floor, Blue Star House 234-244 Stockwell Road, London SW9 9SP