Role Title: Volunteer Administrator –Housing Services
Department: Housing Services
Reports to: Head of Housing and Income Services
Location: HfW Head Office in Brixton SW9 9SP
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to assist our fast paced Housing Services Department. Our ideal candidate will be a resourceful person with good administration skills and polite telephone manners.
Based with our Housing Services team you will be helping us to keep the team’s administrative systems up to date and supporting us with a variety of ad-hoc administrative tasks and projects. This is perfect opportunity for anyone looking to use their IT and organisation skills on regular basis.
If you are looking to gain hands on experience in business administration or office management in a supportive environment, this is the perfect opportunity for you! We will provide relevant training and help you to identify career development opportunities.
We are looking for someone who can spend 1 or 2 days per week with us for 3 months. We can be flexible with the days and hours as long as they are compatible with our service operation hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Benefits of Volunteering with Us
This is a great opportunity for somebody looking to gain experience in office administration or with an interest in Social Housing. Some additional benefits are:
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and sections of the community and we particularly encourage applications from senior citizens, ex-offenders and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented in our Volunteering Programme.
Role Experience, Knowledge and Skills Profile
Experience and Knowledge
· Knowledge and experience of MS Office packages, especially Word, and Excel
· Good organisation skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Good customer service skills.
· Good 'people skills' for building relationships with team members, colleagues and key contacts
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
Personal style and Behaviour
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Resilient, able to handle conflict and remains calm under pressure
· Works well as part of a team
· Reliable and trust worthy
· Have a non-judgemental attitude
· Personal commitment to the corporate values, vision and objectives of Housing for Women’s culture of continuous service improvement
· Evidenced commitment to equality and diversity
· Sensitivity to working in a multicultural environment
· Previous experience of volunteering (desirable)
For more information please contact Maria Galan – Volunteer Co-ordinator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0207 501 6153 Mobile: 07711 469094
Housing for Women, 6th Floor, Blue Star House 234-244 Stockwell Road, London SW9 9SP