Role Title: Volunteer Assistant-Customer Services
Reports to: Director of Customer Services
Location: Head Office in Brixton
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and outgoing volunteer to assist our Director of Customer Services with a diverse range of administrative duties that would go from preparing reports, spreadsheets and documents, gathering information from staff members and volunteers, filing, etc.
The ideal candidate will be a resilient individual with a can do- attitude, able to multitask and good at thinking on their feet. This role is a full on dynamic position in a fast paced environment.
If you have what it takes to work behind the scenes and you have good office and administration skills we want to hear from you. This role is ideal for any individual looking to gain experience in the fields of office administration, Customer Services and/or PA.
We are looking for someone who ideally can dedicate 3 days a week with us for at least of 3 months.
Days and hours can be negotiated as long as they are compatible with our service operation hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Benefits of Volunteering with Us
This is a great stepping stone opportunity for anyone looking to gain hands on experience in administration and office management, Customer Services and/ or as a PA working under the guidance and supervision of a Director.
Some additional benefits are:
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and sections of the community and we particularly encourage applications from senior citizens, ex-offenders and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented in our Volunteering Programme.
Role Experience, Knowledge and Skills Profile
Experience and Knowledge
· Knowledge of office packages like Word, Excel and outlook.
· Understanding of gender based violence and its impact on women and children (desirable)
· Active listening as well as good Interpersonal and 'people skills' for building relationships with team members, colleagues and key contacts
· Can- do attitude and ability to cope under pressure and deal with any issues that arise swiftly
· Problem solving and negotiation skills
· Good organisation skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
Personal Style and Behaviour
· Resilient, able to handle conflict and challenging situations and capable to remain calm under pressure
· Reliable and Flexible
· Have a non-judgemental attitude
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Personal commitment to the corporate values, vision and objectives of Housing for Women’s culture of continuous service improvement
· Evidenced commitment to equality and diversity
For more information please contact Maria Galan – Volunteer Co-ordinator
Email: email@example.com Phone: 0203 794 4798 Mobile: 07711 469094
Housing for Women, 6th Floor, Blue Star House 234-244 Stockwell Road, London SW9 9