Role Title: Volunteer Refuge Administrator
Department: Supported Housing
Reports to: Team Leader
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and outgoing female volunteer to assist our Refuge team with a diverse range of administrative duties that would go from answering the phones and taking referrals, sorting out deliveries and donations, to ensuring the smooth day to day running of the refuge, among others.
The ideal candidate will be a resilient individual with a can-do attitude, able to multitask and good at thinking on their feet. This role can be very dynamic in a fast paced environment one day and the next relatively calmed and quiet without interruptions.
If you have what it takes to work behind the scenes to ensure the refuge runs efficiently and you have good office and administration skills we want to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who ideally can dedicate 1-2 days a week with us for at least of 6 months.
Days and hours can be negotiated as long as they are compatible with our service operation hours: Monday to Friday 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
Benefits of Volunteering with Us
This is a great stepping stone opportunity for a female looking to gain hands on experience in administration and office or facilities management. Some additional benefits are:
Due to the nature of the work, this role is restricted to female only candidates. The Occupational Requirement under Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010 applies.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and sections of the community and we particularly encourage applications from senior citizens, ex-offenders and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented in our Volunteering Programme.
Role Experience, Knowledge and Skills Profile
Experience and Knowledge
· Knowledge of office packages like Word, Excel and outlook.
· Understanding of gender based violence, its impact on women and children (desirable)
· Active listening and good Interpersonal and 'people skills' for building relationships with team members, colleagues and key contacts
· Can- do attitude and ability to cope under pressure and deal with any issues that arise swiftly
· Problem solving and negotiation skills
· Good physical Ability to bend/ carry heavy loads (i.e. carrying shopping bags, changing curtain rails, moving tables, etc.)
· Good organisation skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
Personal Style and Behaviour
· Resilient, able to handle conflict and challenging situations and capable to remain calm under pressure
· Reliable and Flexible
· Have a non-judgemental attitude
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Personal commitment to the corporate values, vision and objectives of Housing for Women’s culture of continuous service improvement
· Evidenced commitment to equality and diversity
For more information please contact Maria Galan – Volunteer Co-ordinator
Email: email@example.com Phone: 0203 794 4798 Mobile: 07711 469094
Housing for Women, 6th Floor, Blue Star House 234-244 Stockwell Road, London SW9 9SP