We are a charity and housing association and have been providing homes for London’s women for 80 years. The organisation expanded from a ‘job centre’ for women during the Depression in the 1930s to providing accommodation as well as recruitment services. You can read more about how we came to be on the Short History page. Today, the core of our work continues to be supporting women by providing secure, affordable housing and related services, helping our residents make the most of their life chances. We also provide targeted services for women who have suffered domestic abuse, been trafficked or have been released from prison.
We work to empower women through providing good homes and services and challenging inequalities faced by women.
- Empowering We enable our people to use their talents to provide the service our customers want. We aim to empower our customers to make choices and have greater control of their lives. We do it all the time.
- Positive Our people have a ‘can do’ attitude. We are positive about change and see it as an opportunity to develop.
- Trustworthy We know how important it is for people to have trust in us. We work hard to earn and keep that trust.
- Acting with integrity We are fair, open and honest and keep our promises.
- Committed to excellence We are always striving to do better and are enthusiastic about learning from our experiences to improve.