Due to the arrival of storm Eunice, we have taken the decision to move to emergency repairs only for the remainder of the day and weekend until the storm passes.
This will allow our operatives to attend to those most in need of our assistance. If you have a pre-arranged appointment you will be contacted to rearrange this shortly.
They will be assessing scaffolding, windows, etc, but if there is anything you need to report, please don't hesitate to contact us on: 020 7501 6120
The Met Office has also issued the following advice to help people stay safe:
- Stay indoors as much as possible
- If you do go out, try not to walk or shelter close to buildings and trees
- Keep away from the sheltered side of boundary walls and fences - if these structures fail, they will collapse on this side
- Do not go outside to repair damage while the storm is in progress
- If possible, enter and leave your house through doors in the sheltered side, closing them behind you
- Open internal doors only as needed, and close them behind you
- Take care when driving on exposed routes such as bridges, or high open roads, delay your journey or find alternative routes if possible
- Slow down and be aware of side winds, particular care should be taken if you are towing or are a high sided vehicle
- Do not drive unless your journey is really necessary
- Secure loose objects such as ladders, garden furniture or anything else that could be blown into windows and other glazing and break them
- Close and securely fasten doors and windows, particularly those on the windward side of the house, and especially large doors such as those on garages
- Park vehicles in a garage, if available; otherwise keep them clear of buildings, trees, walls and fences